Saturday, March 29, 2008

Babywearing

Victoria is riding on Jake's back in an Ergo carrier. This is a soft-structured carrier that is popular amoung 'babywearing' dads because of the buckles and solid colors. Unlike the Baby Bjorn or Snuggli which babies usually grow out of around 4 months of age, this style of carrier can be used for a very long time. I've actually seen 3 year olds riding in these.

Victoria loves to ride on Jake's back around the house, watching everything at his hurried pace. Sometimes she'll ask to ride on my back while I'm cooking so she can see everything I'm doing. This is really a great thing to have. Ive used it while shopping many times because Victoria hates shopping carts and can get pretty unruly in a store. I can strap her on my back and she's as sweet as can be. Its also been great in places where you can't bring a stroller or in really crowded places.

These pictures were taken in January while we were still in Oklahoma.

No comments: